Landing Pages Subdomain
Why is it important?
When you first create a Landing Page using RD Station, it will be hosted in our server. This means that when a visitor hits the page he or she is going to see the domain name "http://pages.rdstation.com.br/nome-de-sua-landing-page".
In order to boost your digital credibility and grow your conversion rate, we strongly recommend that your landing pages are shown within your company domain name. In order to achieve this, you’ll need to replace "pages.rdstation.com.br" with your own website domain name through technical configurations. A DNS entry of the CNAME type is needed for this configuration to work.
What is DNS?
Domain Name System is the system that links the domain name to the IP address of the host servers of your website, thus identifying the website. So, instead of typing the whole IP address, we only need to type the domain name to be redirected to the website.
What is CNAME?
CNAME stands for “canonical name record” and it is a type of DNS entry that specifies that a domain name is an alias for another domain, thus allowing your domain name to be associated to another server, for instance, the one of RD Station.
- Go to your RD Station account following the path “Account > Configurations > Landing Pages”
- Choose a subdomain name (your call!). Common options are “materials”, “pages”, “content”, “promo”, among others
- Type the chosen subdomain name and click “Save”
- Then you are ready to go to your host server. Go to the server where your DNS address is configured.
***This step varies according to your host server
- Add a new DNS entry of the CNAME type in your configurations that redirects to "pages.rdstation.com.br."
- Now you have to wait from 12 to 48 hours until your entry is propagated through the web.
Email Marketing Subdomain (“WhiteLabeling”)
Why is it important?
Whitelabel configuration is needed to ensure emails deliverability and confiability to your audience servers. Furthermore, your leads will receive your emails as if they are sent by your own brand, without any reference that in fact they are being delivered by RD Station. This configuration main purpose is to allow RD Station to send emails in your name.
- Go to your RD Station account following the path “Account > Configurations > Email Marketing”
- Choose a subdomain name. It’s your call again, but we suggest choosing “email”
- 5 (five) DNS entries of CNAME type will be presented. You’ll have to add them all in your host server.
*** This step varies according to your host server
- After the entries are created, you’ll need to go back to the configurations screen to validate them.