How does form integration work?
When you enable form integration for your account, we insert a script on your site via the tracking code. This code will enable the integration of all RD Station Marketing compatible forms, generating new conversions each time a user submits the form.
What are compatible forms?
See below the details that determine if your form is compatible with RD Station Marketing:
- The form must have at least one email field. If your form doesn't contain a field with the type or name=email, the integration won’t work.
- The button attribute must be type=submit.
- Your form must be inserted within the tags <form></form>. If your form contains fields not included within the form tag, it won't be recognized as a form and the integration won't work.
- Your form cannot be contained within Iframes.
If your form doesn't meet these requirements, you will need to carry out a custom integration.
How to integrate forms
- Click the name of your account in the upper-right corner and select the Integrations option.
- In My Integrations > Form Integration, select Configure.
- Click Enable form integration. On this page, you will see only one button to enable or disable the integration at any time.
- After enabling the integration, RD Station Marketing will search for a conversion from a form on your site. When a conversion is identified, you will see a list with all captured forms. You can disable the integration of a specific form at any time by simply clicking Options > Disable.
- You can also edit an integration by clicking Options > Edit. On this screen, you can edit the form name and field mapping:
- Form name: This name is used to identify your form in the integrations listing. In addition, the form name is used as a lead conversion event. You can segment leads using this name.
- Field mapping: To the left, you can find all the fields that RD Station was able to identify in your form. To the right, you can see the RD Station Marketing fields. If the field you want to map doesn't exist in RD Station Marketing, you will also see a button to add a new field at the end of the listing.