If you created a workflow automation, but the Leads are not moving through the workflow as expected, it is possible that this is due to some configuration issue.
For example, if you notice an error in the execution of a certain Lead’s automation, it is possible to carry out a series of tests to identify what is happening.
Does the Lead meet the automation entry criteria?
It is important to be aware of how each entry criterion works:
- Perform new conversion: Leads that converted via the selected event before the workflow is activated will not enter it.
- New to the segmentation list: New Leads are those that meet the segmentation criteria only after the workflow is activated. Leads that were already in the segmentation list will not enter the workflow.
- Be new to or already in the segmentation list: Every Lead in the segmentation list, including new ones, will enter the workflow.
The logical identifier AND, used to add more than one entry condition, is exclusive.
For example, if you use All Leads in Segmentation X AND All Leads in Segmentation Y, only those Leads that are part of segmentation X AND segmentation Y will enter the workflow simultaneously.
Do the automation settings allow the Lead to enter?
Even if a Lead meets the entry criteria for an automation, advanced options may prevent them from entering a workflow:
- Remove Leads marked as 'opportunity' from the workflow: Leads marked as 'opportunity' will not go through the workflow.
- Do not allow Leads to go through this workflow more than once: If the Lead has already been through the workflow, they will not enter it again, even if they meet the entry criteria.