To create an email in RD Station Marketing, just follow these steps:
- Choose the purpose of the email
- Choose an email template
- Edit the email content
- Choose the email's recipients
- Review the email's summary
- Set up the email's sending configurations
To create an email, select Engage > Email > Create email. Then, choose the purpose of your email: Email marketing, A/B test for Email Subject or Template/Workflow. It is possible to change the purpose of the email after you start editing, if necessary. To do so, please follow these steps.
In this tab you must choose your email template (layout). In RD Station Marketing, you can choose a Basic or Thematic template. In addition to these options, you can also Import the HTML of a preexisting email via public URL or write a pure HTML code. Check the difference among these options below:
- Basic: preset templates, to speed up your email settings;
- Themed: ready-to-use templates, to be used on specific occasions, such as holidays;
- Import via URL: you can import an e-mail template you created on a different platform to be used on RD Station Marketing. Be aware of the tips provided on this tab, so that your own template meets the necessary requirements to be compatible with our platform:
- Write an HTML code: on this section, you can either write or paste your own HTML code for the e-mail template. It is also important to be aware of the tips provided by RD Station Marketing so that your template is compatible with our platform:
When editing content, you have the freedom to choose your email's Components and Design.
You can insert Text, Image, Button (CTA), Divider, and Image + Text components. In the Design tab, you can edit the text, images, colors and language of your email. In this step, you can also edit the Header and Footer of your email and insert files for download.
In the Design tab, you can enter variables in the body of your email. You can enter variables from standard and custom fields created in RD Station Marketing. To do this, simply select the text box where you want to insert the variable and choose as shown in this image.
In this step you must select the leads that will receive this email. You can choose to Send to the entire Lead base, or Send to Lead Segmentation lists or Filter recipients based on the event, source, data or tag type.
When choosing your Recipients, RD Station Marketing will show the level of engagement of the selected leads. To understand more about lead engagement, please see this article.
If you have chosen to create an email to insert as a workflow automation step, you do not have to configure Recipients. Go directly to the Summary tab.
This step is for you to review and/or edit the settings of your email. When a setting has not been made or is incorrect, RD Station Marketing points this out and gives you the opportunity to make the correction before confirming the sending of the e-mail.
In the example below, for example, there is a problem with the configuration of the white label with the email that was configured as the campaign sender:
Finally, you must set up the sending of your campaign. You can send automatically, or schedule it for another time. You can still choose to simply save the email and configure sending later.