From the moment the RD Station tracking code is installed on your website/blog, the Lead Tracking tool is able to track all of the pages visited by the lead, even before their conversion. These pages will appear in a list displaying the Page title and URL visited. In this article, you will find information about the following:
- How to view monitored pages
- Cases in which visits are not monitored
- How to edit pages in Lead Tracking
To view monitored pages, just click the Engage menu and select Lead Tracking.
Whenever a visitor converts using the same computer and browser, Lead Tracking will record their visit. That is, the tool also allows you to monitor pages visited before the lead makes their first conversion, when they are still a visitor to your website or blog. This information can be viewed on the lead's timeline:
If any page visited by your leads is not listed in Lead Tracking, the reason may be one of the following:
- The lead was imported or manually inserted into RD Station Marketing.
- The lead carried out the conversion from an anonymous browser tab.
- The lead carried out the conversion from a public tab, but cleared the browser's cookies before converting.
- The lead carried out the conversion using a different device or browser than they normally use.
- To facilitate your organization, you have the option to Edit the page title of a URL (just click on the pencil icon). It is always recommended to use different page titles in order to distinguish them in your lead base.
- To find a specific page in the Lead Tracking list, you can enter a word that is linked to the URL. For example, if you want to find the page www.domain.com/blog/content/E-books-methodology, search for a word that is included in the domain, such as content or methodology. This way, the search will return all URLs containing those words. If you want to search for the full domain, type it without http://. Otherwise, the search will not generate any results.
- You have the option of selecting and deactivating pages that no longer exist, so that they no longer appear in Lead Tracking. This is only possible if the page is not being used for any Lead Segmentation or Lead Scoring.
- If you want, you can insert the tracking code on any site other than your domain. However, the data that RD Station Marketing collects from the site will only be available in Lead Tracking. After inserting the code, you need to open a Support ticket requesting access to Lead Tracking.
- Lead Tracking will ignore all variables at the end of the URL, that is, everything that comes after ? Or #. In other words, UTMs will not be captured.