In this article, read about the following information:
- Import Spreadsheet Formats
- Importing the Leads
- How to import Leads with more than one tag?
- How to segment leads by import?
- How to import multiple choice fields?
- How do I import leads with different creation dates?
- Is it possible to import data from the "Company" area?
- Are custom fields automatically created when importing?
To import leads into RD Station Marketing you need to put all the data in a worksheet and save it in one of the following formats:
- Microsoft Excel (xls and xlsx): standard Microsoft Excel file;
- CSV: Here's how to create a CSV file.
What information does a CSV need to be imported?
A lead is identified by RD Station Marketing through their email. Therefore, an email in your base is a lead, so it is mandatory to have an email column in your file and it can not have blank lines. It's also not possible to have more than one email per line.
In addition, lead fields in RD Station Marketing can be up to 255 characters long, so no information in the CSV can exceed this size.
- Log in to RD Station Marketing;
- Click on Relate > Leads Base;
- Click Import Leads;
- Drag and drop the file or select the file directly from your computer;
- Review the imported table and combine its columns with the RD Station Marketing fields;
- If you need to make adjustments, click Save and continue later. If everything is correct, simply click Save and continue;
- Choose whether to record conversions only for new Leads (this option does not record conversions for existing Leads in your base), or for all Leads, (which records conversions regardless of whether the Lead already existed in your base);
- By choosing to register conversions for all Leads, you can select the date of the event, presentation or Marketing action in which the Leads signed up;
- After choosing the conversion, you can choose to Create segmentation(dynamic list), which allows you to perform targeted marketing actions according to your needs, regardless of the selected conversion option. You can edit the segmentation name as well as the tag name or choose a preexisting tag so your Leads become part of a previous segmentation;
- After selecting the desired options, click Import or Save and continue later.
To import a Lead with multiple tags, just separate them by commas in the tags column. Multiple-choice fields with more than one response must also be imported with responses separated by a comma.
RD Station Marketing adds, by default, a generic tag on every imported lead. This tag has a pattern and looks like this: “import-year-day-month-hour:minute:second”. For example: import-2019-28-07-01:45:18. This way you can create a segmentation for your leads through the tag they received when they were imported.
Multiple choice fields with more than one response must also be imported separated by a comma.
To import a lead base with different creation dates, simply follow the steps below:
- In the file to be imported, gather in the same column the creation dates of the leads, as in this import model;
- Import the leads and combine this data column with the Created In option, as in the image below:
Now, the message had its stage in the funnel changed to Lead will appear as the first information in the timeline of each lead, followed by the date of import as conversion.
Data in the Company tab of the Lead Base (telephone, email, website, sector, etc.) cannot be sent to RD Station Marketing via importing.
The inclusion of this data must be done manually by selecting Options > Edit.
No. When you import a list, fields that don't already exist in your RD Station Marketing account are not automatically created as custom fields.
In order for a new field to be displayed as lead information and filled with information originating from an import, you must create the field in Converter > Custom Fields then importing your list.