Before you begin
To import leads into RD Marketing Station you need to put all data in a spreadsheet and save it in one of the following formats:
- Microsoft Excel (xls and xlsx): Standard Microsoft Excel file;
- CSV: see here how to create a CSV file.
- Make sure that all columns have header;
- Verify that all data in the spreadsheet is correct, especially the emails;
- Your spreadsheet should not contain any completely empty rows or columns.
Importing the Leads
- Log in to RD Station Marketing;
- Click on Relate > Leads Base;
- Click Import Leads;
- Drag and drop the file or select the file directly from your computer;
- Review the imported table and combine its columns with the RD Station Marketing fields;
- If you need to make adjustments, click Save and continue later. If everything is correct, simply click Save and continue;
- Choose whether to record conversions only for new Leads (this option does not record conversions for existing Leads in your base), or for all Leads, (which records conversions regardless of whether the Lead already existed in your base);
- By choosing to register conversions for all Leads, you can select the date of the event, presentation or Marketing action in which the Leads signed up;
- After choosing the conversion, you can choose to Create segmentation(dynamic list), which allows you to perform targeted marketing actions according to your needs, regardless of the selected conversion option. You can edit the segmentation name as well as the tag name or choose a preexisting tag so your Leads become part of a previous segmentation;
- After selecting the desired options, click Import or Save and continue later.
How to import Leads with more than one tag?
To import a Lead with multiple tags, just separate them by commas in the tags column. Multiple-choice fields with more than one response must also be imported with responses separated by a comma.
Is it possible to import data from the "Company" area?
Data in the Company tab of the Lead Base (telephone, email, website, sector, etc.) cannot be sent to RD Station Marketing via importing.
The inclusion of this data must be done manually by selecting Options > Edit.
Are custom fields automatically created when importing?
No. When you import a list, fields that don't already exist in your RD Station Marketing account are not automatically created as custom fields.
In order for a new field to be displayed as lead information and filled with information originating from an import, you must create the field in Converter > Custom Fields then importing your list.