If your list contains a lot of errors or invalid data, it will not be approved. To prevent this from happening, please check your lists before importing them, paying special attention to the following points:
- Make sure that all columns have headers;
- Check for possible typos;
- Delete invalid email addresses that are not in an acceptable format;
- Remember to delete any extra text in the email field;
- Remove accents, quotation marks, parentheses, as well as invalid symbols and characters from email addresses;
- Make sure there are no blank fields in the email column;
- If you want to include more than one email address for the same Lead, place them in separate columns using different headers so you can map out different field columns in RD Station Marketing (e.g. secondary email);
- Use a different header for each column in order to distinguish them when mapping the fields in RD Station Marketing.
Why is this check necessary?
- Each column header is important to allow you to assign each column to a Lead field in RD Station Marketing (e.g. the Name column will be assigned to the Lead field Name);
- Correcting typos, invalid email addresses and symbols prevents any contacts from being imported incorrectly. Therefore, lists with invalid email addresses (that do not have the acceptable format email@example.com) are automatically rejected as part of the RD Station Marketing import process;
- RD Station Marketing understands that each line of the file (except for the header) is a Lead, so it is important to make sure that each line used has a corresponding email address.
Bounce rates are highly influenced by invalid or incorrect email addresses in import lists, so it is important to check the origin of the list to be imported and make sure the data contained is genuine.
It is prohibited to import lists that have been purchased or acquired illegally. By doing so, users violate national and international data privacy regulations, such as CAPEM, CAN-SPAM and GDPR. Learn more about import list best practices.
An acceptable, well-formatted list containing valid email addresses is going to improve your campaign deliverability results and make your subsequent list imports easier.