To perform this action, simply click Engage > Lead Base > Import Leads. The import process considers Email to be a key field and updates all others containing data provided in the table.
When accessing the Imports page, click Need help importing your file? > I need a sample file and see the table format used by RD Station Marketing:
As an example, imagine an educational institution that contains members of a graduating class in its Lead base. It's in the institution's interests to maintain its relationship with these people, because they can still offer other courses, workshops and services. To make the example more complex, this class is located in a Brazilian city that is now adding the digit 9 to the beginning of all its cell phone numbers.
The challenge is to update the status of these students from Students to Alumni and, at the same time, add the new digit to the cell phone numbers in a single step:
1. Have the Lead base you plan to update included in a spreadsheet. You can do this directly in Excel or by performing an export via a segmented list:
2. Add the extra digit to all the phone numbers of the class. In our example, there is one student from a different city who should not have their phone number field updated. In this case, you can keep or delete the value because it will be ignored anyway.
Also, one of the students has failed the class. You can simply erase the Student Status field so that it does not change. The Status field, in this example, is a multiple-selection field and must be written identically to the one set up in Custom Fields:
3. In the Imports tab, drag and drop an Excel (.xls and xlsx) or .CSV file, or select a file directly from your computer. Confirm that the spreadsheet fields are linked correctly. If the spreadsheet title hasn't been changed, simply click Save and Continue;
4. In the last step of the import, select the option to create a conversion For new Leads. This way, updated leads will not receive a conversion. Because it's an update, Lead conversion should not be registered, as this action can generate a false interaction of the users with the platform.
- The email field cannot be mass updated because it functions as the key field for lead management. If a company changes their company name (and, consequently, its email address), you must export the Lead base, make the necessary changes, and import it again. The Lead should then be Combined with the previous one so its history log is not lost. Learn more about how to do this by clicking here.
- If the desired action is to delete information from the field of a lead, leaving it blank will not solve the problem. This method only updates lead information, so there are two options in this case:
- Keep the information that the lead has in the field (leaving the field without any value or with the same value it contained previously);
- Change the field value to another value that indicates that this field does not exist, for example: Undefined or Unknown.