To delete Leads from a list imported into RD Station Marketing, simply follow the steps below:
If you choose to generate conversions during the import process, a Segmentation List is going to be automatically generated, composed of the Leads from the imported list.
- To delete these Leads, go to Engage > Lead Segmentation. Choose the list you want to delete, click the arrow next to the Show Leads button and select Delete Leads:
- You will need to confirm this action by typing DELETE LEADS in the relevant field. Then click the Delete Leads button.
If you imported new Leads
- Click the new Lead, copy the event ID, and create a segmentation. Then, follow the steps above. The event ID can be found in Lead Activities within the Lead's profile:
If you imported Leads that already existed in the base
- Import the list again, but without generating conversions to avoid interfering with your dashboard data analysis;
- Add a tag column (for example, the Delete tag). Then, use this tag as a parameter to create a segmentation list and follow the steps described in If you imported new Leads.
It is important to be sure about the Leads you want to delete from an imported list because this action is irreversible. Consider the consequences of deleting these Leads:
- Mass deleting Leads means that they will no longer be shown in your base in the periods they were acquired. This makes it difficult to calculate ROI, so it is advisable that you keep an accurate record of these numbers.
- Most leads require time and dedication to convert. Lead management will allow you to nurture Leads until they are ready to purchase. Often, they will take some time before making a purchase due to reasons that are out of your control. It is important to stay in contact with them until they are ready.
- Leads that do not convert also have value. They may become influencers, saying good things about your product to people who have purchasing power and spreading your content every time something new comes up. In addition, they bring more Leads and lower your total Marketing costs.
- It is not possible to know beforehand the type of Lead that is going to convert. It is important to be open to new opportunities.