What would you like to know:
In addition to creating landing pages, RD Station Marketing allows you to create forms and embed them directly on the pages of your website.
This feature is ideal for when you need to integrate the form into an existing page, such as a blog post, or when you need the form to take up little space on your site, such as a newsletter form.
To create your form, just follow the steps outlined in this article:
To create a form, click Convert > Forms. Then, click Create Form. Select the template you want to use and give it a name.
You can define the content and appearance of your form in the Editor tab.
- To edit the images included in your template, click on the desired image and edit it using the panel on the left side of the screen.
- If your template does not have an image and you wish to add one, go to the Components tab on the left, select the Image option and drag it to the desired location.
- Colors: you can change the colors in your form by clicking any empty space on your page. This will automatically open a panel on the left where you can edit the background color.
To edit your form, click inside the form box as shown below:
Once you click the form box, the Edit fields option will appear, which you can use to add and/or delete fields in the form.
When setting up your form, you can choose the fields and define their order, as well as required fields.
The email field is mandatory and permanent. If your company requires additional information, you can create custom fields.
Go to the Form tab. You can set the height and width of your form in Basic Information. Remember to keep the width to 100% if you want to ensure responsiveness on mobile devices. Learn more about form dimensions:
- Using percentage (%): when using percentages, you do not need to know how much space (number of pixels) is available for the form on your site. You just have to indicate the proportion of space that you wish to use and it will adjust to fit. The form will be responsive in every section of your site and it will adjust to the changes in your site's size across different devices. Considering that the form will adjust to the size assigned to it, it is hard to predict how it will look on your page. Our auto preview has a fixed size, which will probably be different to that of your website. So, the preview will not be equivalent (in size) to the form that will be displayed on your site.
- Using pixels (px): when selecting this option, you can choose the exact size that you wish the form to be on your site. This option is ideal when you know the amount of space (in pixels) available for the form on your site, as it needs to be equal to or larger than the form.
Does the preview have a scroll bar?
Don't worry. This only occurs because the size of your form has exceeded the size of the preview window. If there is enough space for the form on your site, the scroll bar will not appear.
In the Settings tab, you can configure everything that will happen once your lead finishes filling in the form:
- Form actions: you have the option to set up a confirmation and thank you message to be displayed after the conversion. This message will appear in a small window in the center of the screen. You can also send the visitor to a different page after conversion, such as a thank you page, or make material available by selecting the upload option.
- Conversion notifications: RD Station Marketing can send a notification to your email each time the form generates leads. Ideal when you need to respond to leads quickly, for example.
- Thank you email: you can set up a thank you email to be sent to all leads that convert. You can make your material available in this email, so that the lead has permanent access to the link to the content.
That's it! You have finished creating your form. Simply paste the code generated by RD Station Marketing where you want it to be installed on your site.