In addition to Landing Pages, RD Station Marketing allows you to create forms to be embedded directly on the pages of your site.
This feature is ideal for when you need to integrate the form into an existing page (such as a blog post) or when you need it to take up little space on your site (such as a newsletter form).
To create your form, just follow the steps outlined in this article:
1. Create Form
To create a form, click Convert > Forms, then click Create Form. Name your form and proceed to the next step.
In the next step, select the fields you wish to add to your form. Here you can define the required fields and select their order by dragging the fields according to your preferences.
The email field is mandatory and permanent. If any other information is important to your business, you can create Custom Fields.
Under the Appearance tab, you can customize your form with the colors and texts of your choice. You can alo set the height and width of your form in this step. Remember to set the width to 100% if you want your form to be responsive on mobile devices. Learn more about form dimensions:
- Using percentage (%): when using percentages, you don't need to know how much space (the number of pixels) is available for the form on your site. You just have to indicate the proportion of space that you wish to use and it will adjust to suit. Your form will be responsive to every section of your site and adjust to your site's size changes across different devices. Considering that the form will adjust to the size assigned to it, it is hard to tell how it will look like on your page. Our auto preview has a fixed size, which will probably be different from your site's. So the preview will not represent (in size) how the form will be displayed on your site.
- Using pixels (px): when selecting this option, you can choose the exact size that you wish the form to have on your site. It is ideal when you know the amount of space (in pixels) that is available for the form on your site, because it needs to be equal to or larger than the form.
Does the preview have a scroll bar?
Don't worry:) This is only due to the fact that the size of your form has exceeded the size of the preview window. If there is enough space for the form on your site, the scroll bar will not appear.
Under the Conversion tab, you can configure everything that will happen once your Lead finishes filling out the form:
- Form actions: you have the option to set up a confirmation and thank you message to be displayed after the conversion. This message will appear in a small window in the center of the screen. You can also send the visitor to a different page after conversion, such as a thank you page, or make material available by selecting the upload option;
- Conversion notifications: RD Station Marketing can send a notification to your email each time the form generates Leads. Ideal when you need to respond to Leads quickly, for example;
- Thank you email: you can configure it to send a thank you email to every Lead that converts. You can make your material available in this email, so that Lead has permanent access to the link to the content.
That's it! You have finished creating your form. Simply paste the code generated by RD Station marketing where you want to install it on your website.