RD Station Marketing
- Log in to RD Station Marketing. In the upper-right corner, click Account;
- Make sure that your site's URL address is correct. The tracking code must only be installed on this domain:
- Go to Settings > Tracking Code;
- Copy the Tracking Code by selecting the Copy code. The Tracking Code is different for each RD Station Marketing account;
- With the Tracking Code copied, access your Google Tag Manager account.
Google Tag Manager
- Log in to Google Tag Manager;
- To find the Google Tag Manager codes that should be inserted on your page within the <head>and <body> tags, you need to click on your Google Tag Manager account number, as shown in the example below:
- This way, the codes you must insert on your page will be displayed in a text box. If you have technical difficulties inserting the Google Tag Manager codes, you will need to rely on the help of a person you trust who has the technical knowledge to perform this action.
- Next, click the New Tag option:
- Name the tag you will add and click the edit icon located on the right:
- Choose the Custom HTML option:
- In Tag Configuration, paste the code (script) that you obtained in step 4 (from RD Station Marketing) of this tutorial;
- Just below, in Triggering, select the All pages option and click Add:
- After inserting the tag with our tracking code, you need to click the Submit button and then Publish the update:
- Back in RD Station Marketing, go to the Tracking Code configuration Insert your domain in the Domain field and click Verify to automatically perform the verification.
Done! Now you have the Tracking Code installed on your site, enabling several keys RD Station Marketing features.
The above steps and rules have been tested and work for installing the Tracking Code via Google Tag Manager.
If you have performed all the above steps and the Tracking Code still does not appear, your site may have some characteristic not recognized by Google Tag Manager. In cases like these, we recommend inserting the Tracking Code directly into the source code of the website, as outlined in this article.