Using a domain name is very important to promote a corporate image in your Digital Marketing strategies.
In RD Station Marketing, you can set up domains to have your company's name (not RD Station Marketing's) on the Landing Pages created and emails sent using the tool. In this article, you will find:
A domain is the name of your website on the Internet. This is a unique value that is exclusive to your website. For example, the RD Station domain is shown here:
A domain is divided into subparts: the subdomain is to the left of the domain, before the first dot, and subdivides the main site:
On the right side of the domain name is the extension, which indicates the nature of the domain. In the example below, the extension is .com, which is one of the most popular domain extensions in the world.
If the domain extension is, for example, .com.br, this code indicates the country of origin of the website. Each country in the world has its own code to identify the nationality of the website:
Email Address and Email Subdomain
The email address is used for you to engage with your customers. On the other hand, the email subdomain is used to send campaigns using RD Station Marketing. For example: emailmarketing.rdstation.com.br
The email subdomain is like a brand sticker that overrides RD Station Marketing's brand. This setting allows RD Station Marketing to send emails as if they were sent directly by your company. That is, your leads are going to receive email marketing in their inbox as if you had sent them manually and directly from your email.
Setting up a single email subdomain allows you to validate all other email addresses from that domain. For example, if I successfully set up the subdomain mkt.rdstation.com.br, this will allow me to use different email senders, such as:
All of them belong to the parent domain rdstation.com and are included in the domain setup. You only need to set up one domain to be able to use different senders with the same domain.
If you want to use senders from different domains, you are going to have to configure the new domain separately.
Landing Pages Subdomain
The subdomain works in the same way for Landing Pages. When your customer visits a Landing Page created in RD Station Marketing, they are going to see a Landing Page address with your website subdomain.
In Email Marketing, the so-called Whitelabel setting is important to:
- Use a custom email address with your brand name to send campaigns created using the platform;
- Create a validation to inform email servers that RD Station Marketing is authorized to send campaigns with your domain;
- Make sure that the links included in emails created in RD Station Marketing work correctly;
- Create a preventive measure to make sure your leads trust that they are not receiving spam, but actual emails from your company.
For Landing Pages, the effect of setting up a domain is to:
- Allow Landing Pages created in RD Station Marketing to be promoted using a subdomain of your main domain to link the Landing Pages to your website and boost your SEO strategy;
- Create a preventive measure to make sure your Landing Page visitors trust the content you are publishing and consequently see you as an authority on that topic.
Use your DNS server to set up your domain preferences. Domain setup is subject to propagation on all existing servers. We recommend you run your domain setup with the help of your technical or server support team.