If you need to send an email campaign to, or create a workflow automation for, certain imported Leads only, then you must segment the corresponding Lead list in RD Station Marketing.
1. Segmenting Leads by import
To create a segmentation of imported Leads, you can select Create segmentation, as shown in the image below:
By selecting Create segmentation (optional), the segmentation will have the name chosen in the Imported leads will join the segmentation field. In the example, the segmentation will be named test.
2. Segmenting Leads by tag
You can also add a tag column to your CSV file before importing it. Then, you can create a segmentation list based on that tag:
- Add a column with the header Tag to the CSV file and fill in this column with the same information in every cell:
- Import the list and match the Tag column in the CSV file with the Tag field in RD Station Marketing;
- In Engage > Lead Segmentation, create a new segmentation with the entry condition that Leads must have the tag included in their file:
- Done! Now, the list you imported is segmented and ready to be used as a filter to send emails and as an entry condition in your workflow automations.