What would you like to know?
- How to create
- Select the template
- Naming and customizing
- Define the objective
- Define display pages
- Set display frequency
- When to use the pop-up
To create a WhatsApp Pop-up or Button, follow the step-by-step guide below:
Create a Pop-up
- In RD Station Marketing, click Convert > Pop-ups.
- Then, click Create:
Create a WhatsApp Button
- To create a WhatsApp Button, access RD Station Marketing and click Convert > WhatsApp Buttons.
- Then, click Create.
If a visitor is about to leave your page without finalizing the purchase or leaving their contact information so that you can send them content, the Exit Pop-up is the ideal tool to retain that visitor and generate more leads with the traffic you already have.
The Exit Pop-up is displayed centrally on your site when the visitor tries to leave the page. It is very effective at recovering visitors who had already decided to leave the page.
If your objective is to offer rich content or direct your visitor to a specific page of your site, the Scroll Pop-up is a great option for your strategy.
The Scroll Pop-up appears in the corner of the screen when the visitor scrolls 50% down the page. It has two main objectives: to promote your Landing Pages and to get your visitors to advance in the buyer's journey.
If you intend to allow visitors to your website to contact your company via WhatsApp to ask questions, request quotes or learn more about your products and services, we recommend the WhatsApp Button.
The WhatsApp Button is a floating button that appears in the corner of the screen when the visitor enters your site.
In addition to the opportunity to contact your leads directly via WhatsApp, the information they register in the form will be saved in your lead base, so you can keep engaging with these leads via email or automation.
Customize the WhatsApp Pop-up or Button to match the visual identity of your company by editing the colors, text, text size, images and form fields.
In the Settings tab of an Exit Pop-up, define the actions of the form when the visitor clicks on the CTA (Call-to-Action). After the visitor has registered via your Pop-up, what do you want to happen? You can:
- Redirect the lead to a page of strategic importance. For example: promote a Landing Page or advance the lead in the Buyer's Journey.
- Offer the lead material to download immediately following their conversion.
- Do not perform any action. This is the case when you just want to generate the lead.
In Settings > Form Actions, register your company's WhatsApp number including area code.
You can also set up a default message for your lead to start a WhatsApp conversation with your company. Your lead can edit this message before sending.
Which pages on your site do you want the WhatsApp Pop-up or Button to appear on?
- You can configure it to be displayed on all pages or on specific pages.
- You can also configure it to be displayed on all except some pages. Just select the option Never show on these pages and indicate where your WhatsApp Pop-up or Button should not appear.
Exit Pop-up or Scroll Pop-up
To make your pop-up more user-friendly, set the Display Frequency. With this resource, you can define how frequently your Pop-up will be displayed to visitors. Available options:
- Always display (not recommended).
- Once per day.
- Once per 3 days.
- Once per week.
- Once per 15 days.
- Once per month.
- Once per 3 months.
Unlike Pop-ups, the WhatsApp Button is always displayed on the selected pages, even after the visitor views or registers via the form.
Exit Pop-up or Scroll Pop-up
- Discount coupons.
- Newsletter Signup.
- VIP list.
- Talk to a consultant.
- Free product or software trial.
- Offer rich content.
Use the WhatsApp Button to allow your visitors to contact your company.
- To see the WhatsApp Pop-up or Button on your website, press CTRL + F5 on the page on which it is configured to be displayed. You may also need to clear your browser cache. Browsers store some data to make your browsing faster.
- The Pop-up will not appear on mobile devices.
- The WhatsApp Button will appear on mobile devices and also on your Landing Pages.
- After you have finished creating or editing your WhatsApp Button or Pop-up, remember to publish it, or republish it in the case of editing.