If a visitor is about to leave your page without finalizing the purchase or leaving their contact details so that you can send them rich content, pop-ups are the ideal tool to retain that visitor and generate even more leads with the traffic you already have.
To create a pop-up, follow the step-by-step guide below:
1. Create a Pop-up
Access RD Station Marketing and click Convert > Pop-ups > Creat Pop-up.
2. Select the type of Pop-up you want to use
Form or exit Pop-up
The form pop-up (Exit-intent trigger) is displayed centrally on your site when the visitor attempts to leave the page. It is very effective at recovering visitors who have already decided to leave the page.
The CTA Pop-up (Scroll trigger) is what appears in the corner of the screen when the visitor scrolls 50% down the page. It has two main objectives: to promote your Landing Pages and to get your visitors to advance along the Buyer's Journey.
3. Name and customize the Pop-up
Customize the Pop-up to suit your company, editing the color, text and text size.
4. Set the goal of your Pop-up
Now it's time to establish the goal you want the Pop-up to achieve. When the visitor converts by registering their Name and Email, what do you want to happen next? You can:
- Redirect to a page of strategic importance (example: promote a Landing Page or make the lead advance along the Buyer's Journey);
- Offer the lead material to download immediately following their conversion;
- Do not perform any action. This is the case when you just want to generate the lead.
5. Set the Pop-up display pages
What pages on your site do you want the Pop-up to appear on? You can configure it to open on all pages or to display on specific pages. You can also configure it to display on all but a few pages; just select the option Never show Pop-ups on these pages and indicate the pages where you don't want your Pop-up to appear.
6. Set the display frequency
To make your Pop-up less intrusive and more user friendly, you must configure the Display Frequency. With this feature, you can define how frequently your Pop-up will be displayed to the visitor. Available options:
- Always (not recommended);
- Once per day;
- Once per 3 days;
- Once per week;
- Once per 15 days;
- Once per month;
- Once per 3 months.
- To see the Pop-up on your site, press CTRL + F5. You may also need to clear your computer's cache. Browsers store some data to make your navigation faster;
- Once you've finished creating or editing your Pop-up, be sure to publish or republish it.
When to use the Pop-up?
- To offer discount coupons;
- Newsletter Subscription;
- VIP list;
- Talk to a consultant;
- Free product or software trial;
- Offer rich content.