Double opt-in is the action of sending an automatic email to the Lead after they convert on one of your forms, confirming their interest in your content. This way, in addition to converting on the content, they must then open the confirmation email and click on the link before being added to your lead base.
Double opt-in is ideal for the following situations:
- Many invalid leads in the base;
- Campaigns recently blocked for having a high hard bounce rate or for being frequently marked as spam;
- Accounts that must conform to GDPR, or other data protection laws, as it prevents leads from wrongfully subscribing to the base. Get a better understanding of the benefits of enabling double opt-in in this article.
- The visitor converts on your page
- The visitor receives confirmation email and clicks to confirm
- The visitor is added to your lead base and visualizes the content that they signed up for.
The visitor fills in the form on your website and, after converting, a message appears on the screen prompting them to access their inbox to confirm their email address.
The visitor receives an email and must click on the Confirm my email link to be included as a lead in your base. The visitor will only be added to your lead base after clicking on the confirmation link.
After clicking the confirmation link, the visitor sees the message and is added to your lead base.
5 seconds after viewing the message, the visitor is redirected to the action configured on your Landing Page, Pop-up or Form.
- From the main menu, go to Convert > Landing Pages;
- Create a new Landing Page or edit an existing one;
- In the Settings tab, scroll down the page to find the Double opt-in option;
- Select the Use email address confirmation check box;
- You must fill in the Sender Name and Sender Email fields and select the Language of the email content. Then, click Save to finish setup. A message is displayed identifying the sender's email address and the language of the email content.
The sender name and email settings work for all landing pages, pop-ups and forms with double opt-in enabled. The language setting is specific for each landing page, pop-up, or form.