- Input: this integration sends data to RD Station Marketing.
Requirements and observations
- Have an RD Station Marketing plan.
- Have URL enabled for PHP in your Magento account.
- Magento Community Edition 1.7 to 22.214.171.124.
- Complete payment for the module. To learn more, click here.
- Remove all files from previous integrations between RD Station and Magento.
What does this integration do?
1. Sending all variable data from the data layer to RD Station Marketing
Along with the lead information in your RD Station Marketing account, you will have access to the data leads provided when registering on the website (email, city, phone, gender, etc.).
In addition, you will also be able to see which pages the lead visited, what products they added to the cart, what products they bought and how much they spent.
2. Smart change in funnel stage of the lead
In e-commerce, the lead only becomes a customer after the sale is invoiced. With the RD Shop module, the lead only becomes a customer after their Magento status is marked as paid. While pending (either due to the payment method or any kind of validation), the sale is recorded in RD Station Marketing, but the status remains as a lead.
3. Abandoned cart recovery
You can send recovery emails to leads that have added products to the cart and left without completing the purchase. Creating rules and emails is up to you, but the module creates the event so you can easily activate these automations.
4. Creating repeat purchase and cross-sell strategies
From the moment you have the purchase information, you can create segmentation lists within your RD Station Marketing account to automatically send emails with related or complementary products, VIP customer campaigns, etc.
Step-by-step instructions to perform the integration
There are two ways to install the module in your Magento account:
- Using Magento Connect.
- Manual installation.
Regardless of which method you choose, the first step is to enable/disable the compilation and cache in the backend of Magento. To do this, click: System > Tools > Compilation > Disable.
If the disable button does not appear, skip this step - because you are not using the compilation tool. System > Cache Management > Select All > Actions > Disable > Submit. The Statuses will turn red.
Installation in Magento
- Once in possession of the zip file that we sent, unzip it into a folder on your computer.
- Access the FTP of your Magento installation and open the root of your store (some of the listed folders will be APP, MEDIA, SKIN, VAR).
- Upload the unzipped folders to the root of your Magento account.
- Set up the RD Shop module.
RD Shop Module Setup
- In System > Setup > RD Shop > RD Station Marketing, click Click here to proceed with the setup of your account.
- You will be redirected to the login screen of the RD Station platform. Enter your login credentials and click Sign in.
- A window with the logos of RD Station and Magento will open and you will be asked if you want to allow the integration between your store and RD Station. If you have more than one account linked to your sign-up email, select which account you want to connect. After selecting it, click Continue. The information you will be authorizing for the integration will be listed. Click Connect.
- Your window will close automatically and you will return to the Magento admin screen. Wait a few seconds. If the process proceeds correctly, your screen will refresh.
- If the Connected account field is populated with your affiliated name, the installation process is complete. If the field is not filled in or if within a few seconds the screen does not update automatically, perform the update manually.
- If the Connected account field is not populated, repeat the process. If the error persists, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you disabled your compilation at the beginning of the process, enable it again. Access the Cache Management page and enable all options (they will turn green). After that, select all again, check Refresh in the dropdown field and click Submit.
- After performing all of the above steps, the module will be operational.
- If you encounter a 404 error page after installation, log out of the Magento admin system and log back in. The system will be updated.
- RD Shop will keep in touch with you by email, informing you of the time remaining until expiration and also how to acquire your license. Each license is valid for one domain only and is non-transferable.