What is your question about?
- Who should do this setting
- What is domain
- What is subdomain
- When to set up
- Why set up domains in RD Station Marketing
In order to avoid deleting or overwriting existing records and affecting the operation of the site and/or domain emails, this setting must be carried out by someone with technical expertise.
The domain is the name of your website on the internet. It is a unique value that is exclusive to your website. For example, the RD Station domain:
Using your own domain is very important to preserve the professional image of your company in its Digital Marketing strategies.
A domain is divided into subparts: the subdomain is the name to the left of the domain, before the first dot, and it acts as a subdivision of the main site:
You must initiate subdomain settings before publishing your landing page or submitting your email campaign. Without this authorization set up, your campaign may be sent to Spam or classified as Unsecured, damaging the reputation of your domain.
In Email Marketing, the so-called whitelabel setting is important to:
- Use a custom email address with your brand name to send the campaigns created in the platform;
- Create a validation to inform email servers that RD Station Marketing is authorized to send campaigns with your domain;
- Make sure that the links included in emails created in RD Station Marketing work correctly;
- Create a preventive measure to make sure your Leads trust that they are not receiving spam, but actual emails from your company.
For Landing Pages, the effect of setting up a domain is to:
- Allow Landing Pages created in RD Station Marketing to be promoted using a subdomain of your main domain to link the Landing Pages to your website and contribute to your SEO strategy;
- Create a preventive measure to make sure your Landing Page visitors trust the content you are publishing and consequently see you as an authority on that topic.
- Use your DNS server to set up your domain preferences. Domain setup is subject to propagation in all existing servers. We recommend you run your domain setup with the help of your server support or technical team.