What is your question about?
- Integration type
- What does this integration do?
- Requirements and observations
- Step-by-step integration guide
- How to migrate rules and mapped fields from the old integration
- Additional information
- Error in sending Opportunities to Pipedrive or return of Lost Opportunity and/or Mark Sale
Input and Output: this integration sends wins and losses to RD Station Marketing as well as leads from RD Station Marketing to Pipedrive.
- It sends leads/opportunities to Pipedrive, creating Contacts, Organizations and/or Deals.
- It returns the closing of a sale, including the amount and date, to RD Station Marketing.
- It returns the reason for a lost opportunity to RD Station Marketing.
- Be a customer of any RD Station Marketing plan.
- Have a Pipedrive account of any plan.
If you have the old Pipedrive integration, see this step-by-step guide:
- Select the RD Station Marketing account to which you want the integration to be linked. To do so, access the login screen by clicking here.
- Connect to both your RD Station Marketing and Pipedrive accounts to proceed with the integration:
- Click Connect and select the RD Station Marketing account for which you want to authorize integration, then click Continue and follow the flow until the end. After that, you will return to the same screen as in step 2, but in the row corresponding to RD Station Marketing, you will see that your account is connected as well as the following message: “The account [Account name] is connected”.
- Go to the row corresponding to Pipedrive and click Connect.
- If you are not logged in to your Pipedrive account, you will be prompted for the username and password of your Pipedrive account. If you are already connected, you will be redirected to the screen below to approve the integration of the RD Station Marketing app in your Pipedrive account by clicking Allow and Install:
Once the above steps are complete, you will be automatically directed to the integration setup screen.
This stage consists of 2 steps:
- Create rules and triggers: when the integration will be enabled and what are the update rules.
- Field mapping: defines field mapping between the tools, RD Station Marketing and Pipedrive.
What is your question?
- To create a new rule click Add new rule:
- Give the rule a title.
- Choose a trigger. This will act as a prerequisite for an action to occur. These triggers can be both in RD Station Marketing and in Pipedrive.
- RD Station Marketing triggers can include:
- Conversion - the trigger will be activated when a conversion event occurs. You can select which conversion events serve as a trigger, and if no conversion event is selected, then any conversion will be a trigger.
- Marked as opportunity - the trigger will be activated when the lead is marked as an opportunity (star).
- Pipedrive Triggers can include:
- Lost Deal - the trigger will be activated when a deal is marked as lost in Pipedrive.
- Won Deal - the trigger will be activated when a deal is marked as won in Pipedrive.
- Choose an action to be performed. Actions are listed according to the selected trigger and will be considered when the trigger is activated;
- If an RD Station Marketing trigger is selected, the following actions will be listed:
- Create or update Person in Pipedrive.
- Create or update Organization in Pipedrive.
- Create Deal in Pipedrive (for this option, it is possible to define at which stage of the funnel the deal should be created).
- You can create more than one action per rule by clicking Add new action:
- If a Pipedrive trigger is selected, the following actions will be listed:
- Opportunity Lost.
- Mark as Sale.
You will be able to view, edit, and delete all rules created on the integration rules management page.
On the integration settings screen, you can also define the fields that should be sent from RD Station Marketing to Pipedrive.
Some default settings are already displayed on the screen, and to add more fields just click the button Configure field mapping.
See the step-by-step guide below:
- In this step, you will see that the 3 entities for which you can map fields are displayed.
- The first entity is Person,which by default already comes with Name and Email configured, and you can change the default field from RD Station Marketing Name to another one related to the name in Pipedrive. For example, if you have a custom field that makes sense to send to the Name field in Pipedrive, you can create this setting, just as you can change the default Pipedrive Email field to receive the email sent from RD Station Marketing, and you can define the rule:
- The second entity is Organization, which by default requires sending information from RD Station Marketing mapped with the name in Pipedrive to create the entity:
- The third entity is Deal, which by default requires sending information from RD Station Marketing mapped with the name in Pipedrive to create the entity:
For all entities, to add more information, just click + Add combination to add a new field.
If you have the old Pipedrive integration configured and active, the system will display a window informing you that you will need to migrate all rules and mapped fields to the new integration. To proceed, just click Continue.
After the migration is complete, you will be directed to a main page, where all existing rules and mapped fields will be displayed.
From this moment on, your old integration will be automatically disabled to avoid sending duplicate information between RD Station Marketing and Pipedrive.
- For the send to occur, you must have a rule that triggers the send to an entity. Simply mapping the fields alone will not trigger the send according to this setting.
- Resent leads have their data updated according to the combinations configured.
In some cases, both sending Opportunities as well as marking Sales or Lost Opportunities are not occurring. This happens when the integration’s refresh_token is invalidated by Pipedrive.
The main reason for a token to be invalidated is inactivity: accounts with more than 60 days of no interaction between RD Station Marketing and Pipedrive, such as sending new Opportunities, have their tokens automatically invalidated by Pipedrive.
In this case, it is necessary to redo the integration - both RD Station Marketing and Pipedrive - so that a new token is generated. The integration will then work again.