What would you like to know?
- What this feature does
- Step-by-step setup guide
- Configure advanced options
- Frequently Asked Questions
If your audience wants to interact and chat with your business via WhatsApp, integrate it into your channel strategy by using WhatsApp buttons.
By creating a WhatsApp button in RD Station Marketing, you are able to include a floating button with the WhatsApp logo on your website, allowing your visitors to contact your company through this channel.
This action is similar to the process of capturing leads via Landing Page, but allows you to do so in a conversational manner characteristic of the WhatsApp messaging app. In RD Station Marketing, the conversion event name will always be shown as whatsapp-button.
Learn how to add a WhatsApp button to any page on your website with this step-by-step guide:
- To create a button, click Convert > WhatsApp buttons.
- Then click Create WhatsApp button.
- On the right side of the screen, select the country, then enter your company's WhatsApp Business number (including area code):
- Done! Your WhatsApp button has now been set up.
You can only create and publish one button at a time. In other words, once you have created the WhatsApp button, you will no longer be able to click Create WhatsApp button.
To create a new button, you must click Delete to remove the existing button.
Click the Advanced Options button to configure the default message that your lead will send to initiate a chat with your business via the WhatsApp button. This message can be edited by your lead before they send it to your company:
The message displayed on the WhatsApp button is a default message and cannot be changed for the time being:
In this section, you can also configure the button display rules as follows:
- It will be displayed on all pages of your website.
- Only on specific pages. In this case, you can enter the URL of the pages on which you would like the button to be displayed.
- You can also select the option Never show the button on the following pages. With this option you can inform specific pages on which the button should not be displayed.
- Does the WhatsApp button work on mobile devices?
Yes, the button is displayed on mobile devices, such as phones and tablets, as well as on desktop and laptop devices.
- Does the WhatsApp button work on Landing Pages?
Yes. By setting up your WhatsApp button you can choose to publish it on all pages, or on specific pages only. Both options include your Landing Pages.
- Can I personalize the WhatsApp button form?
No. For now, the message, colors and fields included in the form are set by default and cannot be modified.
- Can I change the position of the WhatsApp button on my site?
No. For now, the position of the button is fixed to the lower right corner of the screen.
- Can I create more than one WhatsApp button in my account?
For now, you can only create one button per account.
- Do I have to use WhatsApp Business?
No, you can use any WhatsApp phone number to send messages. However, WhatsApp Business offers advantages for your engagement strategy with customers, such as automatic greeting messages or notifications of opening hours, etc.