What would you like to know?
If your audience wants to interact and chat with your business via WhatsApp, integrate it into your channel strategy by using WhatsApp buttons.
By creating a WhatsApp button in RD Station Marketing, you are able to include a floating button with the WhatsApp logo on your website, allowing your visitors to contact your company through this channel.
This action is similar to the process of capturing leads via Landing Page, but allows you to do so in a conversational manner characteristic of the WhatsApp messaging app.
Learn how to add a WhatsApp button to any page on your website with this step-by-step guide:
- To create a button, click Convert > WhatsApp buttons.
- Then click Create.
- Select the WhatsApp template.
- Choose a name. This name will be the conversion identifier for the Button.
- Now, on the edit tab you can:
- Customize the form by editing the texts.
- Add images and videos.
- Change the colors.
- Add or remove fields from the form, depending on your objective.
- You can also adjust the position of the button on your site so that it doesn't interfere with other active elements on your pages.
- On the Settings tab, you must enter a valid phone number and create a default message for your lead to start a conversation with your company.
- In this section you can also configure the display rules for the button as follows:
- It will be displayed on all pages of your website.
- Only on specific pages. In this case, you can enter the URL of the pages on which you would like the button to be displayed.
- You can also select the option Never display on these pages. With this option you can inform specific pages on which the button should not be displayed.
- After finishing the settings, click on the Save and continue button.
- Finally, click on the Publish button.
Everything is set! Your WhatsApp Button will be published on its pages.
- I posted the WhatsApp Button, but it doesn't appear on my website.
For the Button to appear on your website, it is necessary to have the Tracking Code installed. If the Button is still not showing, it may be your browser's cache.
Do the following test:
- Open your website's page in an anonymous tab and check if the button is displayed.
- If it appears, just clear your browser's cache and the button will appear normally;
If it doesn't work, we recommend opening a ticket with our support team.
- Is it possible to create Segments and Automations with the leads generated by the WhatsApp Button?
Yes. The conversion identifier is the same name you defined when creating the button (as shown in step 4 of this article).
You will use the name identifier to configure your Segmentation or entry criteria in the Automation Flow, but only after you get a first conversion by the WhatsApp Button.
- Does the WhatsApp button work on mobile devices?
Yes, the button is displayed on mobile devices, such as phones and tablets, as well as on desktop and laptop devices.
- Does the WhatsApp button work on Landing Pages?
Yes. When you set up your WhatsApp Button you can choose to publish it on all pages or on specific pages, both options include your Landing Pages.
- Can I personalize the WhatsApp button form?
Yes. All components are customizable: message, colors and form fields can be changed (as indicated in step 5 of this article).
- Can I create more than one WhatsApp button in my account?
Yes, just create a new button, following the same step by step in this article.
- Do I have to use WhatsApp Business?
No, you can use any WhatsApp phone number to send messages. However, WhatsApp Business offers advantages for your engagement strategy with customers, such as automatic greeting messages or notifications of opening hours, etc.