What would you like to know?
- What is the Data Protection field?
- Communication Consent field
- Create the field
- What changes with the use of Data Protection fields?
Data Protection fields collect consent from leads (data owners) to have their personal data processed either entirely or partially via your RD Station Marketing account.
The Lei Geral de Proteção de Dados (LGPD) considers the processing of personal data to include any automated or manual handling of personal data, such as collection, access, transmission, filing, storage, among others.
The Communication consent field collects authorization so that you can communicate in the future with leads that convert on Landing Pages, Pop-ups or Forms containing the field.
To create the Data Protection field, see the step-by-step guide below:
- Create or edit a Landing Page, Pop-up or Form.
- After selecting the template that you wish to create or edit, click on the form.
- Then, click Edit fields:
- When you scroll down the page, you will see the Data Protection section with the default Data Protection fields:
- Select the Policy field. The field will be added in a fixed position at the bottom of your form:
- To add the Communication consent field, click on the title of the field in the left side menu:
- To change the order of the fields in the form, you can click and drag the field to the desired position.
- Finally, click Apply. The field with the URLs will already be available for preview:
Now you can publish your Landing Page, Pop-up or Form that will collect the data of your leads as well as their authorization to process their data and communicate with them in the future.
When Data Protection fields are present in a conversion tool (Landing Page, Pop-up, Form or WhatsApp Button), Data Protection information is collected and sent to RD Station Marketing together with the conversion.
The purpose of this field is to ensure the adequacy of the legal basis of consent. If the form contains the Communication Consent field, and if:
- the lead selects the checkbox, the legal basis of consent will be computed, authorizing your company to send emails to these leads.
- the lead does not select the checkbox for sending communications, the legal basis of consent will not be computed.
The response given by the lead at the time of conversion will be visible in the RD Station Marketing Profile through the Data Protection Section and the Legal Basis Attribution event whose description is Communication.
This information will also be visible in the Lead Profile on the platform. The article Data Protection in the Lead Profile contains more information on how legal bases are displayed in the Lead Profile.