Input: this integration sends data to RD Station Marketing.
What does this integration do?
As your customer talks to your chatbot, you can collect relevant information such as name, address, phone number, etc. Once you consider the customer is ready to be converted to a lead, you can send this information to RD Station Marketing using BLiP.
You can send any kind of text information about your lead. If this information is not natively supported by RD Station Marketing, BLiP will automatically create a custom field for you. That way, no relevant information will be lost.
You can also update the information of existing leads, using the customer's email as an identifier.
Requirements and observations
To integrate BLiP with RD Station Marketing, you need to:
- be an RD Station Marketing customer (any plan).
- be a BLiP Portal customer (Standard [Free], Business or Enterprise Plans).
- own a chatbot or have permission to edit another user's chatbot integrations.
Step-by-step integration guide
Installing the BLiP Application in RD Station
- To set up a bot in RD Station Marketing, go to the BLiP portal and choose the desired bot.
- Then, click the puzzle icon in the upper right corner (below your username) and click RD Station. The following screen will be displayed:
- Click Install.
- After that, a pop-up will be opened with the RD Station Marketing page. Now, sign in with your RD Station credentials, choose the account you want to connect to, and click Continue.
- Read the permissions requested by the application and click Connect.
- After installation is complete, the following page will appear, containing your RD Station account name and the ID of the bot connected:
- Done. Your integration is complete.
Use of the integration
The integration with RD Station Marketing works through actions in the flow of your bot or via commands (HTTP or SDK). This integration allows you to create leads with detailed data about your customer.
- In the builder, access the block of your flow in which you want to create a lead.
- Click Actions, and then click + Add entry/exit action.
- Select the Event registry option.
- In Category, enter the value “lead”, and in Action, enter the value “create”. Label and Value do not need to be filled in.
- Your customer's data should be added to the action as extra information.
- Click + Add extra information for each piece of information you want to send to RD Station Marketing.
- In Key, enter the data name, and in Value, fill in the data value (you can also use flow variables). Extra information of the action must contain at least two required fields: conversion_identifier and email. If either of these is not filled in, the lead will not be saved.
To create new lead conversions in your RD Station Marketing account, you must send an event-track command, with the fields category: “lead” and action: “create”. The command must have at least two required fields: conversion_identifier and email. If either of these is not filled in, the lead will not be saved.
- Do not insert repeated Keys in the same command or action. If this happens, the second occurrence of the Key will be ignored as well as its respective Value.
- The name of the Keys must conform to the following rules: use alphanumeric and/or underline characters, no special characters, and a maximum of 60 characters.
- If you enter the name of a field that does not exist in RD Station Marketing, BLiP will automatically create it.
- After creating a custom field in BLiP, RD Station Marketing ensures that it will be available for use within 3 hours. If your lead does not display the custom field, wait for this period of time and try again.
- Only string type fields are supported by BLiP. Therefore, the keys “tags” and “available_for_mailing” are not supported.
- For more details about supported fields, access Developers.
To uninstall BLiP
In BLiP, when you click Uninstall, to undo the BLiP integration with RD Station Marketing, the communication between your chatbot and RD Station Marketing will be terminated. However, the BLiP application will remain listed on the integrations screen of your RD Station account. Before clicking Disconnect on the RD Station integrations screen, you should make sure the same RD Station account is not being used in another chatbot or even in another BLiP account. If it is not, continue with the disconnection.
This behavior exists to prevent other bots from being disconnected when you disconnect your chatbot from RD Station.