What would you like to know?
- What are cookies?
- What is the purpose of the cookie banner?
- How to enable the feature
- Frequently asked questions
A cookie is a piece of data stored on a user's web browser. It can be generated from the moment a visitor accesses a website. Cookies allow websites to store unique information about each user in their browser. Common uses include: saving font size preference for reading, information filled in on forms, pages accessed, clicked links, and unique identifiers.
While the biggest benefit of the former is a transparent relationship with your visitor, the latter may be a requirement in some regions where data protection and privacy laws apply.
To set up the notice, follow the step-by-step guide below:
- Access Account Name > Account in the upper right corner of RD Station Marketing.
- Click the Data Protectiontab.
- Click Create policy notice.
- Choose the notice type:
- Request cookie consent: request consent from visitors to monitor their behavior via cookies.
- After choosing the type, configure the Appearance and content:
- Position/location in which the notice should be displayed.
- If the notice will be light or dark in color.
- You can also insert an optional link to Learn more. This link can direct to an internal or external page, serving as a complement your notice.
- Choose where your banner will appear:
- Display cookie notice on all pages: all pages with the tracking code installed may display your banner according to your settings.
- Display cookie notice only on your Landing Pages: only Landing Pages created in RD Station Marketing will display your cookie banner.
- Finally, click Publish.
Done. Your notice is now active. Be sure to check how it appears on your site's mobile version.
This action is retroactive, meaning that the notice will also appear on Landing Pages that have already been published. To ensure that the banner works correctly on all Landing Pages, you may need to update those displaying a status of Apply changes.
If you want to disable the notice, access:
- Account Name > Account.
- Click the Data Protection tab.
- By clicking the Options button, you can Edit or Disable the notice.
Can I use the RD Station Marketing solution to control cookies from my website?
If you choose to use Request cookie consent, please ensure that the relevant pages do not have other cookies such as Facebook Pixel, or cookies generated by other scripts.
The RD Station Marketing solution has no control over cookies added by other scripts, and in these cases may be insufficient for your needs.
On the other hand, Cookie Control is a feature that controls the creation of cookies and only starts to monitor your visitors from the moment they consent to this use. This feature may be required to operate in some regions of the world that have personal data privacy restrictions and guidelines.
To block cookies set by RD Station Marketing, the visitor must not have cookies saved in their browser. This may happen in one of the following cases:
- The visitor has already visited your page before the cookie control was installed.