To use the Wait for scheduled date and time action, access the menu Engage > Marketing Automation. You can use this action when editing an existing Automated Workflow or when creating a new one.
With the Wait for scheduled date and time action, you can define a specific date and time for a sequence of actions to happen involving leads passing through the workflow.
Step-by-step guide to use the action
- Access the menu Engage > Marketing Automation.
- Choose the Automated Workflow you want to edit by clicking the Options button.
- Or, if you prefer, you can create a new Automated Workflow by clicking the Create workflow button in the upper right corner.
- If you have created a new Workflow, give it a name. Remember that this name will be used to identify this workflow within RD Station Marketing.
- Now choose the Entry condition for your workflow.
- Then, click the Actions tab. In this tab, you can select the different actions that will make up your Automated Workflow, including the Wait for scheduled date and time action.
- When dragging this action into your Automated Workflow, select the date when you want the leads to be cleared to pass through the sequence of actions that follow.
- Then, select the time of that date when you want the action to occur:
- After using the Wait for scheduled date and time action, drag the other desired actions according to what should happen with leads that arrive before the date selected and after the date selected:
- Before the date: all leads that arrive at the action before the selected date and time will wait for the date to arrive before continuing the workflow via this path.
- After the date: leads that arrive at the action after the selected date and time will follow the second path laid out in your strategy.
Important points to remember:
- The selected date and time will consider the time zone configured in the account Overview.
- If you configure your workflow so that wait actions do not occur on weekends, using the Wait for scheduled date and time action will override this setting. This means that, by using a date that falls on a weekend in the action, it will clear leads to continue the Before the date path, even if you configured your workflow not to carry out actions on weekends.
- Verify that actions occurring before the Wait for scheduled date and time action will continue to make sense for leads following the After the date path.
- If the volume of leads in waiting is too large, when the set date and time arrive, we may not be able to release 100% of the leads at the same time (at the exact time scheduled in the action). Therefore, be aware that some leads may be cleared to continue through the workflow a few minutes later than the time established in the action.
See below a practice example of an Automated Workflow using the Wait for scheduled date and time action:
In the example automation above, leads that arrive at the action before 27/11/2020 will receive an exclusive promotional email, and leads that arrive after 27/11/2020 will receive a second campaign, with other products offered.