To use the Wait for scheduled date and time action, access the menu Engage > Marketing Automation. You can use this action when editing an existing Automated Workflow or when creating a new one.
With the Wait for scheduled date and time action, you can set a specific date and time for a sequence of actions to happen involving leads passing through the workflow.
Step-by-step setup guide
- Access the menu Engage > Marketing Automation.
- Choose the Automated Workflow you want to edit by clicking the Options button.
- Or, if you prefer, you can create a new Automated Workflow by clicking the Create Workflow button in the upper right corner.
- If you created a new Workflow, give it a name. Remember that this name will be used to identify this workflow within RD Station Marketing.
- Now choose what the Entry condition for your workflow will be.
- Then, click the Actions tab. In this tab, you can select the different actions that will make up your Automated Workflow, including the Wait for scheduled date and time action.
- Now, in the Automated Workflow, create all of the required Wait for scheduled date and time actions. In this example, our fictional webinar will be on 11/05/2020, and we will send two reminders before this date arrives: the first action should take place on 08/05/2020 (3 days before the webinar) and the second action on 10/05/2020 (1 day before):
- Then, below the Before the date path, add the respective emails of each reminder, as shown at the beginning of this step-by-step guide:
- Finally, so that leads who register for the webinar, but not in time to receive any of the reminders, do not receive outdated emails, add the Join path action below the paths that make up the After the date action. You should always join the path to the next Wait for scheduled date and time action, to verify that the lead still has time to receive the next scheduled reminders:
- In the final action, you can direct leads that accessed the workflow after the date to view the webinar recording, for example.
Done. Your Automated Workflow for webinar reminders is now complete.