If you have assigned an incorrect Legal Basis to a lead in RD Station Marketing, you can correct the information in one of two ways. See below:
Overwrite Legal Basis
This option is appropriate when a lead does have a Legal Basis, but it is incorrect or needs to be updated.
For example, you performed an import and selected the Legal Basis of Consent, but the correct Legal Basis is in fact Legitimate Interest.
In this case, you only need to perform a new import for the legal basis of the lead to be updated.
To do this, you can follow the step-by-step guide in the article How to import Leads and Legal Bases.
Remove Legal Basis
This option is appropriate when a lead does not have a Legal Basis, but a Legal Basis has been assigned anyway.
Continuing the scenario of the previous example: you performed a lead import and selected the Legal Basis of Consent. However, the leads contained in this import have no valid Legal Basis.
In this case, it is possible to create an automated workflow to automatically remove all legal bases. This means, your lead will have no legal basis assigned to them.
To perform this action, see the step-by-step guide below:
- Access Engage > Marketing Automation.
- Click Create Workflow.
- Name your workflow:
- Select an entry condition for leads whose legal bases should be removed in the workflow:
- Click Actions and drag the action Remove legal basis:
- Select which type of legal basis should be removed:
- Click Save and Activate.
- Done. Leads that pass through the workflow will have their legal bases removed.