There are two ways to integrate your forms with RD Station Marketing: via tracking code (automatically activated if the code is installed on all pages containing forms); and by inserting a script generated by RD Station Marketing on the page containing the form. Check each one:
Set up the tracking code on every page on your site containing compatible forms that you want to integrate with RD Station Marketing.
What are compatible forms?
Check out the items that make your form compatible with RD Station Marketing:
- The form must have at least one email field. If your form has no field with type or name = email, the integration will not work;
- The button must have the attribute type = submit;
- Your form must be declared <form></form>. If you have form fields that are not inside the form tag, it will not be recognized as a form and the integration will not work;
- Your form no can be within Iframes.
If your application does not meet the mentioned requirements, you will need to make a integration Custom.
How to carry out the integration?
- Click the name of your account in the upper right corner and select the option Integrations;
- In My Integrations > Form Integration, select Configure;
- Click Enable integration of forms. On this page you will see only one button to enable or disable integration at any time;
- After enabling integration, RD Station Marketing will seek a conversion on some form on your site. When you identify, you will see a list with all forms captured. You can disable the integration of a specific form at any time by simply clicking on Options> Disable;
- You can also edit an integration by clicking Options> Edit. On this screen, you can edit the form name and the field mapping:
- Form Name: This name is used to identify your form in the listing of integrations. In addition, the form name is used as conversion event of the Leads. You can target the Leads by this name;
- Field mapping: on the left are all the fields that we can identify on your form. On the right are the RD Station Marketing fields. You will also see a button to add a new field at the end of the listing, if the field you want to map does not exist in RD Station Marketing.
To carry out the integration via script generated by RD Station Marketing, follow the steps below:
- Access the Script Generator in RD Station Marketing and enter the URL containing the form you want to integrate;
- Map the identified fields on your form to the fields you have in RD Station Marketing. In this step, make sure that at least the email field of your form is mapped in the script. Otherwise, integration will not work because the leads are identified via the email addresses in our tool;
- Define the conversion event name that will be generated among your leads. Using this name, you'll be able to segment the conversions in RD Station Marketing;
- Copy the generated script and place it in your website's HTML (on the page that contains the form you want to integrate). The script should be inserted between tags </form> and </body>.