In order to avoid deleting or overwriting existing records and affecting the operation of the site and/or domain emails, this setting must be carried out by someone with technical expertise.
To set up an email marketing subdomain, follow the step-by-step instructions below:
- Go to Account > Settings in RD Station Marketing and select the Domains option.
- In Email, select Add domain.
- Then, in Choose email domain and subdomain, select Start.
- Choose a domain to set up the subdomain in RD Station Marketing. You can perform this setup for more than one domain, as long as you have domain authority over them in your hosting server.
- If you want to forward the setup instructions to the person or technical area responsible for your website maintenance, please enter the email address of the person in charge. If you want to perform the setup yourself, RD Station Marketing will automatically generate the records that you must add to your hosting server to complete the Whitelabel setup.
- Create five new CNAME records in your server, redirecting the Host column to its corresponding records.
- After setting up the records, wait for the DNS propagation time. Propagation time may take up to 72 hours. As a result, you may only be able to see confirmation of this setup in RD Station Marketing after that. Once your records have propagated, RD Station Marketing will confirm that the domain has been set up successfully.
If server identification fails, contact your technical team or hosting service support team to check the correct way to set up records.