Converting visitors into leads is a very important step in your Digital Marketing strategy. The principal method used to convert visitors into leads is by offering attractive materials to your prospective customers (such as eBooks or webinars) and making them available on Landing Pages, i.e. conversion pages containing a form.
Find out how to create any kind of Landing Page in RD Station Marketing with these step-by-step instructions:
To create a Landing Page, click Convert > Landing Pages, then select Create Landing Page. Just select a Landing Page template and give your page a name.
RD Station Marketing Landing Pages are responsive and automatically adjust to different screen resolutions and orientations. This allows your Landing Pages to be viewed on any device with consistent quality.
In addition to Lead Generation templates, there are also Thank you and Social Payment Landing Pages.
RD Station Marketing templates are created taking into account the main elements required to ensure a good conversion rate: Header, Offer Details, Form and Footer.
You can define the content and appearance of your Landing Page in the Editor tab.
- To edit the images of your template, click on the desired image and edit using the panel to the left of screen.
- If your template does not have an image and you wish to include one, go to the Components tab on the left, select Image and drag it to the desired location:
- Colors: You can change the color scheme of your Landing Page by clicking any empty space on your page. This will automatically open a panel on the left in which you can edit the background color:
After establishing the appearance, click Save and Continue to configure the Landing Page form.
To edit your form, click inside the form box on your Landing Page, as shown in the image below:
Once you click the form box, the Edit field option—which you can use to add and/or delete fields from the form—will appear.
When setting up your form, you can choose your Landing Page fields, as well as their order and required fields.
The email field is mandatory and permanent. If any other information is important to your business, you can create new fields.
- Social Conversion: You can allow your visitors to convert using existing information from a social networking service, without the need to fill in the form. Learn how to perform set up.
- Smart Form: This feature allows you to configure the form so that it only displays questions that gather lead data not yet captured in RD Station Marketing. You can define the maximum number of fields that should appear for leads while they are filling in the form, as well as their order of priority. See more here.
- Pop-up form: By selecting this option, the form will appear as a pop-up only after the visitor clicks a button on the Landing Page itself. Pop-up forms tend to increase the Landing Page conversion rate in different use cases. Once the conversion process is started by clicking the button, visitors tend to follow through, even after seeing the form.
- Form actions: You have the option of sending the visitor to another page following conversion (such as a thank you page) or making your material available for download. It is also possible not to perform any action after completing the form.
- Permalink: This is the permanent link that will make your Landing Page URL unique. For example: materials.yoursite.com/permalink. It will also be used as the conversion identifier for leads generated via this Landing Page.
- Page title and description: The page title will appear in the browser tab when your Landing Page is opened. The page description field is used for the meta description, which is intended to provide a summary of the page's content. Search engines display the meta description, especially when the search term appears in the description.
- Conversion notifications: You can have a notification sent to your email each time the Landing Page generates leads. This option is ideal for when you need to respond to leads quickly, for example. To send notifications to more than one email, simply separate the emails using commas.
- Canonical tag: If you have another Landing Page with a similar offer, you can insert the URL of the main page in order to consolidate domain authority.
- Lead Scoring: Within the Landing Page itself, you can specify to which Lead Scoring group it belongs. Thus, scores assigned to the group will be attributed to the interest score of leads that convert via this Landing Page.
- Disable Google Analytics code: You can disable the default Analytics code that is automatically added by RD Station Marketing and manually add your own code instead. This setting is recommended only for advanced users. This functionality is not enabled by default, but can be requested using this form.
If your RD Station Marketing account is connected to Google Analytics, then the code will be inserted on all Landing Pages by default.
Here, you can set up the confirmation and thank you message to be displayed on the Landing Page following conversion. This message will appear in a small window in the center of the screen.
In addition, you can set up a thank you email to be sent to all leads that convert. We recommend combining both ways of making your material available—external links and email—so that leads always have access to the link to your content.
Sharing on social media
This option allows you to customize how your Landing Page will look on social networks when someone shares the link to your page. Just select the image, title and description of your choice.
Once you have created and saved your page, click Publish so that it becomes available to be accessed and shared online. You can also unpublish your Landing Page at any time, in case the offer is no longer available, for example.
After publishing, access the Landing Page to ensure that the screen, text and files are working properly. Leads that convert via the Landing Page will be listed in your lead base. To understand your Landing Page results page, click here.