The plugins Contact Form 7 and Gravity Forms are widely used in Wordpress websites to create forms and capture leads. The plugin shown in this article allows the integration of both of them with RD Station Marketing.
Input: This integration sends data to RD Station Marketing.
What does this integration do?
Upon completing all the steps in this integration, the forms created with Contact Form 7 or Gravity Forms will be ready to send registration data to your RD Station Marketing account to help you generate leads and conversion events.
Observations and requirements
The RD Station Integration plugin is compatible with the following form plugins:
If you have already performed this integration before, please skip to Plugin Setup.
You must have the latest version of the plugin installed. You can check this in your Wordpress admin dashboard by clicking Plugins > Installed Plugins.If the option RD Station Integration does not have a plugin update notification, that means that you have the latest version installed; otherwise, you will need to update the plugin before moving on to the setup.
Step-by-step instructions to perform the integration
- Access the admin area of your website/blog and go to Plugins > Add New.
- In the search bar, enter RD Station Integration and click Enter. When you see the image below, clickInstall now.
- When installation is complete, click Activate to start using the plugin.
Please see below the instructions to set up your preferred plugin, Contact Form 7 or Gravity Forms.
Contact Form 7
- After activating the plugin RD Station Integration, click RD Station CF7.
- Then select Create Integration.You will be redirected to a screen where you will have to enter 3 pieces of information:
- Name: the name you want to give this integration.
- Conversion identifier: the name of the conversion event that will be generated in RD Station Marketing when the lead registers via the form.
- Select a form to integrate with RD Station: list with the forms created in Contact Form 7. Simply select the form you want to integrate.
- After filling in all the fields, click Publish to start running the integration.
After activating the RD Station Integration plugin, you will see the option RD Station GF appear in the menu. The steps to create the integration are exactly the same as the ones described above for Contact Form 7.
For the integration to work, your form created in Gravity Forms must contain at least one email field. See this article to find out how to create one.
Example of data received in RD Station Marketing
When a lead fills in an integrated form, this will generate a conversion event with the data corresponding to that created in the form.
Consequently, each conversion event may contain different information. The only fixed data are email, the identifier (according to the information set up in step 2.3), and the form_orig that will show a fixed piece of information based on the form used, that is, Contact Form 7 Plugin or Gravity Forms Plugin. The other information will always vary according to the data sent.
- Custom Fields: to send data from a field in the form to a custom field in RD Station Marketing, the form field must have the same name defined in Field Name during setup. For example, if you have a custom field named language, all you have to do is create a field in the form also calledname="language”.
- Lead source: when a lead converts,this integration reads the cookies generated by RD Station Marketing to identify the source of the lead.