In this article, you will find the following information:
- Do you sell mailing lists?
- How to use the Lead Base
- What is an Opportunity?
- Why is my lead deactivated?
- How to import leads
- Error loading file during Lead import
- How to export Leads from RD Station Marketing
- What is the public lead URL?
- How to enable the public lead URL
No. We strongly discourage the practice of buying email lists, because it affects your sending reputation determined by servers and lowers your deliverability. We recommend you invest in creating your own list.
When you click on Engage > Lead Base, you will find all of your contacts' data divided into three tabs:
Leads Tab: Leads that most recently converted via one of your materials will appear first in the list. You can see their name, job title and company, as well as their most recent conversion. It is also possible to combine or delete leads and edit data and funnel stage.
- Companies Tab: All the companies that your leads belong to are grouped together. You can enter a new company and check the number of leads that belong to a company.
- Imports Tab: You can access the lead lists you have imported to the platform as well as import new lists using the Import Leads button. This tab contains a log of all imports performed in the account.
See more details in this article.
An Opportunity is any lead that demonstrates strong interest in your product/service and is ready to be approached by your Sales team.
Learn how to identify and mark opportunities in this article: What is an Opportunity?
When accessing the lead's profile in your Base, you may see a message informing you that the lead is currently deactivated:
Manually deactivated Lead: You can deactivate a specific lead manually by simply accessing their profile, clicking the Deactivate Lead checkbox and saving the changes. To reactivate them, simply select the box again.
- Lead deactivated for other reasons: When a lead is deactivated automatically, it is not possible to reactivate them manually. They may have unsubscribed on a particular email, have an incorrect email address, be a hard bounce, have soft bounced 5 times, have been discarded, marked your email as spam or have not checked the opt-in checkbox.
For more details, please see the article: What is a deactivated lead?
To import leads in RD Marketing Station you need to enter all data into a spreadsheet and save it in one of the following formats:
- Microsoft Excel (xls and xlsx)
See the step-by-step guide in this article: How to import leads
Most problems that occur when performing an import are related to file size. This may occur due to the following reasons:
- The file contains too many columns.
- The file contains too many empty rows.
- The file contains too many rows.
Learn more: Error loading file during Lead import.
Click Convert > Landing Pages.
- Locate the Landing Page from which you want to extract the list of leads.
- Click on the arrow next to the status button and select the Export option.
- Insert the email address to where the table will be sent and select the file format.
- Wait for the export to finish. Wait time varies depending on the amount of information each lead contains and the number of leads to be exported.
- Access your email and download the file.
See more details in: How to export Leads from RD Station Marketing
The public lead URL is a page where you can access all the lead's information contained within RD Station Marketing without being logged in to the tool.
The public URL is available in the profile of each Lead in your base. Simply click Engage > Lead Base.
To enable or disable the public URL for Leads in your account, go to Account > Settings > Data privacy.
By enabling this option, the profilesof all your Leads are enabled for viewing by anybody who has the URL. By disabling this option, all public URLs become inaccessible for everybody.
See more: Public Lead URL.